ABOUT Dalawang Bayani
1st prize 1995 Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards for Literature
Spanish colonial period heroes Jose Rizal and Andres Bonifacio come to life as they narrate important events in their lives: their family, education, first love and their views on the revolution.
ABOUT Ang Pagong at ang Tsonggo
A retelling of the Filipino folktale about the turtle and the monkey which is famous for the saying “Tuso man daw ang matsing, kung tutumbasan ng galing, ay mapaglalalangan din.”
ABOUT Amelia Lapeña-Bonifacio
Also known as Lola Amel, she is a playwright, writer and set designer. She is dubbed The Grande Dame of Southeast Asian Children’s Theater. At present, she is Professor Emeritus of UP where she also serves as Professor of English. Now in her early-80s, she is still active in theater, performing for child and for adult audiences, writing plays, designing and creating puppets, costumes and sets, and setting the direction of children’s literature and children’s theater in the country.
ABOUT Dulaang Laboratoryo
Dulaang Laboratoryo is under Dulaang Unibersidad ng Pilipinas in UP Diliman. It stages the thesis productions of students taking certificate and/or degree programs in Theater
Arts under the university’s Department of Speech Communication and Theater Arts.
- Ang Dalawang Bayani | Ang Pagong at ang Tsonggo (http://quezoncity.olx.com.ph)
- Groups mark 120th year of Katipunan (bulatlat.com)
- Ljubljana Puppet Theater, Slovenia (juliohimede.com)
- FEATURE: Bunraku puppet theater under threat from cost cutting (english.kyodonews.jp)
- None of Einstein’s Theories Could Explain His Marionette (tor.com)
- Stroll the Theater World with TEATRONG GALA (ineedsomewants.wordpress.com)