Begnas in Kankanaey language means thanksgiving. The ritual is participated by all men in the village: children, youth, fathers and elders.
From their own homes, they walk through the papayew (rice terraces) as well as pine forests chanting and eventually converging at the dap-ay, the traditional political, economic and cultural center of indigenous peoples in Cordillera Region.
Ritual witnessed in Sagada, Mountain Province last March 23, 2013.
- Kaigorotan Youth Week: Politics of Change and Good Governance
- Tefag: Echoes in the Midst of Storm
- Cordillera Day 2011
- Because Teddy Casino’s Senate Run is People’s Run for Change
- Portrait of Mangyan in a Festival
- Mangyan Noon, Ngayon at Bukas
- Mangyan Day 2011: Cultural Caravan
- Lumad sa Manila: A Human Rights Action
- Ifugao Children’s Song
- Cultural Exchange with T’boli at Lake Sebu
- Woodcrafting Stree in Benguet
- Princess Jacel Kiram on understanding the Moro people and PH claim on Sabah
- Northern Dispatch: Begnas Ritual